PPFOR12.1 FORD RANGER 3lt Turbo Diesel
TDI DRIVER: HV4
UNICHIP: Q 4
With the new HV4 injector drive we are now able to take full control over the factory injectors, manipulation not only injector timing but also injector volume. Now your 3lt Ford Ranger has the ability to make more power than a standard 3.2lt Wildtrack! With the new updated version of the PPFOR12.2!
The Unichip version Q fitted to this Ford Ranger 2001-2009 Manual.
The “Low down” torque displayed on the graph below:
• Boost Control: Unichip has complete 3D control over boost pressure across the entire operating range of the engine. This allows the Unichip Trained technician to increase the boost pressure as required. This helps in keeping the Air Fuel Ratios within a safe limit.
• Injector timing: This is a unique Unichip feature to have complete 3D control of injector timing.This means we can control the exact time they open to achieve optimised fuel burn. This will result in lower exhaust gas temperatures and greater engine longevity.
• Fuel Rail Pressure: Unichip has full 3D control of Fuel Rail pressure, the simplest way to increase power on a turbo diesel. However there are rules to follow when increasing fuel rail pressure, these are taken into consideration from all of our trained Unichip Authorised agents.
• Map Select: This option enables the 5 map capability of the Unichip Uni-x ECU. This means you can access the 5 maps which can be tailored to your requirements. EG, High Power Map, Towing Map, Standard Map, Immobiliser Map or Even a High Boost or Low Boost Map. Speak to your Authorised Unichip agent to tailor 5 tunes to suit your application.
• EGT protection: This is the “add on” safety feature of the new Unichip Uni-x ECU we have the ability to monitor engine exhaust temp via the Unichip EGT sensor. This allows the Authorized Unichip agent to manipulate the tune on a sliding scale as the Exhaust temperature rises. Meaning: As the exhaust temperature rises the Unichip Uni-x ECU will intercept a signal, removing the fuel, boost and timing, slowly and in a controlled fashion to ensure it maintains maximum power and torque output, without compromising the engine.