The power increase displayed on the dyno Graph below is:43% Increase!-From 117.1kw at the wheels
-To 167.7kw at the wheels
The Torque increase displayed on the dyno graph below is:87%Increase!•From 320nm at the wheels
•To 600nm at the wheels
How does the Unichip work on your 70 series V8 Diesel ?
• Boost Control: Unichip has complete 3D control over boost pressure across the entire operating range of the engine. This allows the Unichip Trained technician to increase the boost pressure as required. This helps in keeping the Air Fuel Ratios within a safe limit.
• Injector timing: This is a unique Unichip feature to have complete 3D control of injector timing.This means we can control the exact time they open to achieve optimised fuel burn. This will result in lower exhaust gas temperatures and greater engine longevity.
• Fuel Rail Pressure: Unichip has full 3D control of Fuel Rail pressure, the simplest way to increase power on a turbo diesel. However there are rules to follow when increasing fuel rail pressure, these are taken into consideration from all of our trained Unichip Authorised agents.
• Injector Drivers: This feature allows the Unichip to have full 3D control of the Diesel Injectors via the Unichip D4D drivers for greater performance and flexibility.
What are the other advantages to the Unichip Uni-x ECU?
• Throttle Booster: This feature enables the Unichip Uni-x ECU to achieve a faster throttle response and reduce turbo lag. Some people pay upward of $800 for a pedal booster kit. This is a standard feature in the Unichip Australia Plug & Play.
• Water temp Protection: This is the “built in” safety feature of the new Unichip Uni-x ECU we have the ability to monitor engine temp via the coolant temperature sensor. This allows the Authorised Unichip agent to manipulate the tune on a sliding scale as the engine temperature rises. Meaning: As the engine temperature rises the Unichip Uni-x ECU will intercept a signal, removing the fuel, boost and timing, slowly and in a controlled fashion to ensure it maintains maximum power and torque output, without compromising the engine.
• Map Select: This option enables the 5 map capability of the Unichip Uni-x ECU. This means you can access the 5 maps which can be tailored to your requirements. EG, High Power Map, Towing Map, Standard Map, Immobiliser Map or Even a High Boost or Low Boost Map. Speak to your Authorised Unichip agent to tailor 5 tunes to suit your application.• EGT protection: This is the “add on” safety feature of the new Unichip Uni-x ECU we have the ability to monitor engine exhaust temp via the Unichip EGT sensor. This allows the Authorised Unichip agent to manipulate the tune on a sliding scale as the Exhaust temperature rises. Meaning: As the exhaust temperature rises the Unichip Uni-x ECU will intercept a signal, removing the fuel, boost and timing, slowly and in a controlled fashion to ensure it maintains maximum power and torque output, without compromising the engine.
About the Unichip
Unichip Plug and play, the market leader in precise accurate tuning for your late model turbo diesel.
This is because it is the ONLY LIVE tuning software on the market for late model diesel engines; The Unichip is more than a traditional Chip, its closer to a standalone E.C.U. We calibrate the Unichip Unit LIVE on the dyno (this is very important) to give you the best and SAFEST power torque and fuel economy!If your Dyno tuner isn’t LIVE tuning he isn’t tuning, it would be closer to an educated guess of what numbers in a fuel table or even worse a generic re-flash downloaded from the internet…. For your own sake and that of your investment insist on LIVE tuning.