NISSAN-PATROL-Y62 SECONDARY-CAT-DELETE-PIPES – These are for ‘OFF ROAD USE ONLY’, come as a pair. Dynomotive fabricators have manufactured these straight pipes for your Y62.
Secondary Catalytic converters ensures emission control through igniting and burning off unburned exhaust gases.
- These are located between the engine and the exhaust pipes and when these are removed they need to be replaced with either a straight pipe or H-pipe
The removal of the secondary catalytic converter comes with some advantages but also come with disadvantages.
- Horsepower boost by reducing engine back pressure,
- Reduces engine operating temperature from allowing more air inflow into combustion chamber,
- Improved milage
- Ability to use different types of fuels in your car
- May not pass EPA emissions test,
- Causes more air pollution by producing higher levels of carbon dioxide,
- Loud sound known as noise pollution,
- May increase fuel consumption in some cases
NISSAN-PATROL-Y62 SECONDARY-CAT-DELETE-PIPES. Notice there are two cats in the diagram below, the ones that are deleted are the secondary cars
Also Available is the Y-62 HiFlow Cat Pipes to suit headers.
Don’t forget to check out our YouTube videos.
Interested in other exhausts, Click here to visit our shop.
*PLEASE NOTE ITEMS SLIGHTY DIFFERENT TO IMAGE THERE ARE NO CATALYTIC CONVERTERS IN THIS ITEM*