SAFARI ARMAX FLEX JOINER/ADAPTOR TO SUIT PDC VDJ V8 70 SERIES HIGH FLOW AIRBOX.
With thoughts of travelling across the great Australian outback, many consider their safety and that of their car. With this in mind Snorkels are usually the first accessory fitted to a four-wheel drive: –
- provides cleaner and cooler air,
- ensures greater fuel efficiency,
- guarantees less clogging of air filters.
- less maintenance
During a water crossing water can get in wrong place, despite measures take, your car engine can very quickly to scrap metal.
- Therefore fitting a snorkel will lessen the chance of your engine sucking in water during a creek crossing by raising the air intake height.
The Australian-made snorkel adaptors are manufactured using UV stable, high density polyethylene, thus making them almost indestructible.
Why fit a snorkel?
- it doesn’t allow water to enter the air intake system,
- the vehicle is less likely to stall when crossing water streams,
- feeds clean air into the engine
- improved fuel efficiency
The biggest disadvantage of a snorkel is the
- installation part, which involves carving a hole in the fender and drilling bolts through the vehicle body,
- it will improve the vehicle’s wading capacity.
More snorkels and airboxes can be found in our shop, click here to check these out.