Power Increase displayed on the graph below:
STANDARD: 118.0kw at the wheels
UNICHIP: 144.1kw at the wheels
• Boost Control: Unichip has complete 3D control over boost pressure across the entire operating range of the engine. This allows the Unichip Trained technician to increase the boost pressure as required. This helps in keeping the Air Fuel Ratios within a safe limit.
• Injector timing: This is a unique Unichip feature to have complete 3D control of injector timing.This means we can control the exact time they open to achieve optimised fuel burn. This will result in lower exhaust gas temperatures and greater engine longevity.
• Fuel Rail Pressure: Unichip has full 3D control of Fuel Rail pressure, the simplest way to increase power on a turbo diesel. However there are rules to follow when increasing fuel rail pressure, these are taken into consideration from all of our trained Unichip Authorised agents.
• Throttle Booster: This feature enables the Unichip Uni-x ECU to achieve a faster throttle response and reduce turbo lag. Some people pay upward of $800 for a pedal booster kit. This is a standard feature in the Unichip Australia Plug & Play.
• Water temp Protection: This is the “built in” safety feature of the new Unichip Uni-x ECU we have the ability to monitor engine temp via the coolant temperature sensor. This allows the Authorised Unichip agent to manipulate the tune on a sliding scale as the engine temperature rises. Meaning: As the engine temperature rises the Unichip Uni-x ECU will intercept a signal, removing the fuel, boost and timing, slowly and in a controlled fashion to ensure it maintains maximum power and torque output, without compromising the engine.
• Map Select: This option enables the 5 map capability of the Unichip Uni-x ECU. This means you can access the 5 maps which can be tailored to your requirements. EG, High Power Map, Towing Map, Standard Map, Immobiliser Map or Even a High Boost or Low Boost Map. Speak to your Authorised Unichip agent to tailor 5 tunes to suit your application.
• EGT protection: This is the “add on” safety feature of the new Unichip Uni-x ECU we have the ability to monitor engine exhaust temp via the Unichip EGT sensor. This allows the Authorized Unichip agent to manipulate the tune on a sliding scale as the Exhaust temperature rises. Meaning: As the exhaust temperature rises the Unichip Uni-x ECU will intercept a signal, removing the fuel, boost and timing, slowly and in a controlled fashion to ensure it maintains maximum power and torque output, without compromising the engine.
Simple Step by Step Instructions
- Open bonnet
- Disconnect Negative (-) battery terminal
- Remove black engine cover from top of engine
- Remove the black plastic body clip from the left hand side of the firewall (see blue arrow on diagram)
- Using the bracket and supplied bolt/nut mount the Uni X on the firewall through the hole where the body clip was previously
- Route the Unichip harness with the 3 engine sensor connectors towards the engine, cable tie the Unichip harness to factory engine harness.
- Disconnect the MAP, FUEL RAIL and CAM sensors, plug in the corresponding Unichip Connectors as marked on the Unichip harness
- Run the throttle loom through the firewall using the grommet on RH side of engine – alternatively there is another grommet in the LH back corner of the engine bay.
- Disconnect the throttle plug at the pedal and plug in the Unichip harness
- Connect fused red wire to 6mm positive battery terminal
- Reconnect negative battery terminal