Chev Vortec/Mercruiser marine motor stroker conversion from 350ci to 383ci
This is the base engine used in 300MPI Mercruiser, 320HP Volvo Penta 315HP Indmar 325HP PCM and Crusader. However here at Dynomotive we have increased the stroke and bore for more power.
- Vortec means uncompromised power without sacrificing fuel efficiency or durability and very little maintenance is required.
- One of the most important differences between cars and marine motors are they are built to withstand a constantly wet environment. They need to be resistant to corrosion and rust.
- The camshaft of a marine motor is built to use as much low-end torque as possible, rather than high RPM horsepower of a car engine.
- Keeping in mind that the alternator, distributor, and starter in a marine engine are all different from the ones in a car engine.
Boat are not used as often as a car, therefore the engine needs to be built to withstand long periods without use. Of course, the marine motor you choose should be the one that best fits your boat and all its components.
Our Chev Vortec/Mercruiser- stroker conversion from 350ci to 383ci features the following: –
- Forged pistons
- “I” beam rods
- ported cylinder heads
- hydraulic roller camshaft
- fully balanced
- blueprinted long engine
Click here to check out our custom made engines
Never miss out on our builds and products – see us on YouTube