ENGINE: 3.0l V6 CRD
Jeep Laredo 3lt Turbo Diesel
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo this 3lt Turbo diesel jeep had one of the most
impressive gains in bottom end torque in the history of the Unichip product in Australia.
From the standard torque of 210nm at the wheels
To an amazing 495nm of torque at the wheels!
That’s well over a 135% increase!
The power increase was equally impressive with a 150 % increase in low down power with a
very distinctive liner power curve giving a top end increase of 17rwkw.
Resulting in smoother driving, next to no “turbo lag”, better towing, better fuel economy
and most importantly better for the environment.
How does the Unichip work on your 3lt Turbo Diesel Jeep ?
• Boost Control: Unichip has complete 3D control over boost pressure across the entire operating range of the engine. This allows the Unichip Trained technician to increase the boost pressure as required. This helps in keeping the Air Fuel Ratios within a safe limit.
• Injector Timing: This is a unique Unichip feature to have complete 3D control of injector timing.This means we can control the exact time they open to achieve optimised fuel burn. This will result in lower exhaust gas temperatures and greater engine longevity.
• Fuel Rail Pressure: Unichip has full 3D control of Fuel Rail pressure, the simplest way to increase power on a turbo diesel. However there are rules to follow when increasing fuel rail pressure, these are taken into consideration from all of our trained Unichip Authorised agents.
• Water Temp Protection: This is the “built in” safety feature of the Unichip Q we have the ability to monitor engine temp via the coolant temperature sensor. This allows the Authorised Unichip agent to manipulate the tune on a sliding scale as the engine temperature rises. Meaning: As the engine temperature rises the Unichip Q will intercept a signal, removing the fuel, boost and timing, slowly and in a controlled fashion to ensure it maintains maximum power and torque output, without compromising the engine.
• Map Select: This option enables the 5 map capability of the Unichip Q. This means you can access the 5 maps which can be tailored to your requirements. EG, High Power Map, Towing Map, Standard Map, Immobiliser Map or Even a High Boost or Low Boost Map. Speak to your Authorized Unichip agent to tailor 5 tunes to suit your application.
• EGT protection: This is the “add on” safety feature of the Unichip Q we have the ability to monitor engine exhaust temp via the Unichip EGT sensor. This allows the Authorised Unichip agent to manipulate the tune on a sliding scale as the Exhaust temperature rises. Meaning: As the exhaust temperature rises the Unichip Q will intercept a signal, removing the fuel, boost and timing, slowly and in a controlled fashion to ensure it maintains maximum power and torque output, without compromising the engine.
Plug and Play pricing does not include fitting and tuning.